Ro Cook - Theme, Draw, Cut, Print, Stitch
A hand printing workshop - Working to a theme, participants will explore and draw ideas. Create hand cut lino blocks and use found objects to print in an explosion of colour and shapes. Add surface design with stitching. Come away with a hand printed, embellished cloth that is your unique expression.
See the potential for designs from a theme and adapt your designs for block printing. Learn how to safely carve lino print blocks to achieve your design. Experience printing from your own original blocks, and practice various patterns, as well as multi-coloured printing.
Develop skills in embellishing your prints while being guided to express your own style in stitching.
Both diamond pieces shown below are designed using the grate (image) for inspiration.
Suitable for All Levels. Please Note: Requires some dexterity to carve lino, and the printing is quite physical.
Ro Cook is a multi-disciplinary Artist specialising in textiles. Ro creates her work by printing, dyeing and embellishing in 2D and 3D. Having studied and practiced both design and visual art her appreciation of textiles is influenced by the women at the Bauhaus and their philosophy of using textile design as artistic expression.
|Date||Sat 29th Oct 2022 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 30th Oct 2022 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA Members $200 Non-members $250 Materials Fee $TBA|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops