Lisa Shepherd - Cyanotype & beyond
One Day Workshop
Join floral artist Lisa Shepherd in an introduction to the historic alternative photographic process of Cyanotype printing which is a form of camera-less photography.
Discovered in 1842 the process explores the use of sunlight and shadows which are cast on treated light-sensitised paper and fabric to produce blue and white images.
After an introduction to the history of cyanotypes and how they are created, you will be shown how to safely mix and coat paper and then expose your design to UV light.
You will learn all aspects of the process including making photograms from pressed flowers and plant cuttings as well as using feathers, lace, doilies, stencils and digital negatives.
We will also look at toning a cyanotype, which is to remove the blue colour and then introduce a new colourway. We will use tannin, coffee, tea as well as some natural dyes such as avocado stones and skins.
The Material Fee of $25 pp includes treated and untreated watercolour paper and fabric samples to be used in class.
If you are a current member, you will need to login to book at member prices. All participants must be double vaccinated, and have no symptoms of COVID, to attend ATASDA events.
|Date||Wed 15th Mar 2023 9:30 am|
|End Date||Wed 15th Mar 2023 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA Members $100 Non-members $125 Materials Fee $25|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops