Social Meetings are less structured than Branch Meetings, with the focus on connecting with other members and textile enthusiasts in a social setting.
- There is usually a short focused activity, such as a demonstration of techniques or skills.
- The library is open for members to browse, borrow and return books.
- Members are encouraged to bring items to Show & Tell. Works in progress are welcome. Creativity is contagious!
- Members may bring along items to swap, sell or donate.
- Occasionally, working bees are held before exhibitions or for specific projects. Involvement in these activities is optional.
- Sometimes members would just like time to chat and do their own thing, working on their current artwork.
- Information about Workshops and Textile Tasters is usually available.
Doors open at 10am and the day ends around 3pm.
Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, please bring your own food and drink. Hot water is available for tea and coffee.
Minimal or no entry fee, see individual event.
New Members and guests please sign in at the Welcome Table on arrival and talk to the welcome team.