Speaking In Colour - Online Weaving
2 hour online workshop
Participants will learn contemporary indigenous weaving techniques, how and when and why it was done, with the opportunity to create a woven keepsake. All the materials will be posted to you once you have enrolled.
Registrations are now full for this workshop but ATASDA NSW is also offering a 2 day face-to-face workshop in Sydney in early 2022.
Go to Interwoven - Aboriginal Weaving for details of this and other ATASDA NSW workshops.
Jaimie Carpenter is a proud Kamilaroi (Quirindi) woman who resides on Awabakal land (Newcastle). Together with her daughters, she is active in the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community promoting cultural practices. In her words: I believe that building strong communities who understand aboriginal perspectives and culture are a key to reconciliation.. There are big changes happening with indigenous practices becoming the norm in society and it is my privilege to be part of that movement.
|Date||Tue 12th Oct 2021 1:00 pm|
|End Date||Tue 12th Oct 2021 3:00 pm|
|Cut off date||Mon 20th Sep 2021|
|Price||$89 Materials included|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops