Primrose Paper Arts - Paper making adventure
Have you ever wondered about making paper?
How do you turn plants into paper?
Want to find out how to make, emboss and decorate your own unique paper?
Explore the foundations of paper making using recycled paper and plant fibre to create your unique sheets of beautiful paper.
During this workshop you will be guided step by step through the paper making process from the choice of materials and preparation of the pulp to formation of the sheets.
On day one, learn the basics of how to create your own unique sheets of paper using recycled paper. We will start by preparing the pulp and learning how to set up a vat ready to start pulling sheets. This will be followed by step-by-step guidance on how to form your own paper. Try laminating sheets, putting inclusions in a sheet, adding coloured patterns, and embossing your paper.
On day two, we will work with plant fibres, starting with the plant and progressing through to producing your own original paper. Everyone will have the opportunity to observe and participate in each activity through the process from preparing the fibres, cooking them up, pulping and then forming paper.
|Date||Sat 23rd Apr 2022 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 24th Apr 2022 4:30 pm|
|Register from||Sat 5th Dec 2020|
|Cut off date||Sat 2nd Apr 2022|
|Price||ATASDA Members $180 Non-members $230 Materials Fee $0|
|Location||Primrose Park Art & Crafts Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops