Lynne Britten - Shibori & Indigo Workshop
2 Day workshop - Sunday 8 and Sunday 15 January
Simply put - shibori is Japanese for tie dye. But it is so much more than rubber bands and string! Learn how to stitch, wrap, tie, fold, clamp, and twist fabric to create beautiful patterns with the traditional blue indigo dye.
This will be two days of totally hands on textile art!
The indigo vat will be mixed up in front of you (no secret alchemy behind closed doors), and you will be shown, step by step, how to do arashi (pole wrap), itajime (clamping), and multiple stitched resists, as well as ne-maki (bound) and the list goes on…
Lynne will provide the expertise, knowledge and indigo - you just need to bring fabric and enthusiasm. No experience required - just some homework to be done between the 2 days…
Textile dyes & so much more !
P: 02 4943 8808
|Date||Sun 8th Jan 2023 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 8th Jan 2023 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA Members $200 Non-members $250 Materials Fee $15|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops