Social Day 7 Nov (Sunday)
Come and enjoy meeting, creating and sharing at this social day.
Getting Ready for Christmas
Anne Schmitz will teach how to make this lovely Japanese style hanging Christmas decoration.
This is made of interlocking triangles of fabric which hang to form along narrow tree. Each triangle can then be embellished with beads, which hang from the triangle ends to act as the decorations on the tree.
Requirements list- (Don't worry if you don't have everything)
- heavy weight iron-on interfacing about 1/2 metre
- small pieces of different Christmas fabrics [11 different fabrics but we will likely all swap bits of fabric to get the different pieces]
- scissors or rolling cutter
- cutting mat and ruler
- pencil for marking fabric
- sewing machine
- baking paper
- metal loop for hanging the tree
- beads matching the fabric: red, green, gold; varying shapes; we probably won't get to the beading on the day
- turning tool, forceps, chop sticks or similar
Other regular details:
Bring your work-in-progress to Show & Tell to others
Textile items to swap, sell or share are always welcome.
Members are asked to contribute a voluntary $5 payment for the day.
Please read and understand the COVID Safe Health and Safety Plan before attending.
|Date||Sun 7th Nov 2021 10:00 am|
|End Date||Sun 7th Nov 2021 3:00 pm|
|Register from||Fri 26th Feb 2021|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|