Social Day 30 Apr
Come and enjoy meeting, creating and sharing at this social day. Our special feature is a presentation from Toni Ivering about her 40+ years creating and exhibiting textile art. Starting with batik, Toni has seen many changes in dyes over the years. Toni enjoys starting with a piece of silk, layering the surface design by dyeing, painting, stamping, stitching, collage and machine embroidery. She is able to produce her characteristic bright luminescent colours on the natural sheen of silk. Come and see her beautiful works, which will include exhibition pieces, wall hangings and art to wear garments.
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT TESTING AND TAGGING
We are pleased to be able to provide a very reasonably-priced testing and tagging facility by a qualified person on this same day, from 12.30pm. Bring your iron, sewing machine, heat gun, etc for tagging. It will cost $10 per item for ATASDA members. Note that any electrical equipment brought to the Epping Centre MUST HAVE A VALID TEST & TAG to be used on-site.
Please bring Show and Tell. Textile items to swap, sell or share are always welcome.
Attendees are asked to contribute a voluntary $5 payment for the day.
Visitors are welcome to attend twice before joining ATASDA.
COVID-SAFE INFORMATION FOR THIS EVENT:
- Proof of vaccination is required to enter.
- There will be no restriction on numbers in each room apart from the limit set by normal operations at ECC i.e. you are limited to the number of chairs in your room.
- Masks are not mandatory, but are appreciated.
- QR Codes are not mandatory.
- Social distancing is not mandated but it is recommended for personal safety where it is possible to do so.
- Do not come to the Centre if you have any symptoms of Covid…if you have a fever, if you have a sore throat and/or cough, if you have a runny nose.
- Use hand sanitiser in the foyer when you enter the building.
- Continue to clean tables, chairs and items in the kitchen that have been used …sink, microwave, fridge
- Don't use antiseptic wipes on fabric chairs. Use them only on hard surfaces.
|Date||Sat 30th Apr 2022 10:00 am|
|End Date||Sat 30th Apr 2022 3:00 pm|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|