Taster - Stash to Treasure - mixed media - One Day
Use various materials you already have around your home to create a piece of mixed media textile art that expresses an idea or image. Kay Murray will lead you through various hand and machine techniques to create either a small textile piece, a series of postcards or a book cover.
Look around your home for little snippets that you can combine to create a piece of textile art. The aim is to use what you have and apply simple, basic stitches to enhance your design. You may have a theme you want to depict or a collection of old textiles that could be used. The tiniest piece can be incorporated. We will also be creating some decorated fabrics using stamps and inks/paints. A sewing machine is not essential. Materials fee covers base material, some background fabrics, stamps, inks/paints, vintage papers, various ephemera.
Kay Murray has pursued a lifetime of textile practice. She is a trained Textiles teacher who enjoys inspiring others to enjoy all types of stitching. A strong sense of using what we have and old textiles to create a sense of history is foremost in her work. See more at Instagram@stitchaday
|Date||Sun 8th Nov 2020 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 8th Nov 2020 4:30 pm|
|Register from||Sun 23rd Aug 2020|
|Cut off date||Sun 8th Nov 2020 6:00 pm|
|Price||$100.00 or Member rate $70.00 Material fee $10|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops