Tara Axford - Creating Your Sense of Place - Gelli Plate & Mixed Media - Day 1 of 2
Cancelled due to COVID 19. Watch for our 2021 Workshops
Create a series of collage based artwork that combines elements to give a sense of place. Participants will reference images of a place that is special to them as starting points. They will explore and develop these using gelli prints, mixed media and collage.
You are invited to bring a handful of reference images of a place that you have visited or that is special to you, which will serve as starting points.
Day 1: Using your personal references, we will look at textures, colours and mood as inspiration and use this to make mono prints using a gelli plate. We will also look at experimenting with mixed media and mark making in creating other pieces to use in our collages.
Day 2: Editing your mono prints we will look at bringing it all together to create a series of small artworks which distill the essence of a place. We will aim to capture the vibe rather than produce realistic representations. Using the principles of design we will create collaged pieces that can be used as the basis for other works, ie: textiles or paintings.
Tara Axford is a mixed media artist using printmaking, collage, fabric, textiles, fibre arts and photography, She is interested in the push-pull of constantly searching for something... referencing and influenced by the past, and abstracting the essence of a place to create something new. Tara draws inspiration from her patterns, textures and imperfections seen in her surrounds - both natural and urban.
Please note this is a two day workshop, run over two Sundays
- Sunday 28 June and
- Sunday 5 July
|Date||Sun 28th Jun 2020 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 28th Jun 2020 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA members: $180 Non-member: $230 Materials Fee $10-$15|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops