Lisa Walton - Permission to Play – Surface Design Techniques
Permission to Play is an opportunity to play with a wide range of surface design tools and techniques. Join Lisa in this Masterclass exploring colour, textures and embellishments.
Techniques such as fabric painting, stamping, rubbing, foiling, screen-printing, sun-printing, fabric manipulation, stencilling and much more will be explored.
This workshop is suitable for all skill levels.
Skills and techniques explored include:
- stamp designing and making with compressed sponge or other stamp making materials
- fabric painting, sun-printing, manipulation, patterning, mark making
- Thermofax screen-printing
- textured rubbing using a wide variety of natural and supplied surfaces
- painted fusibles
Come along and create wonderful fabrics that can be stitched and manipulated to create fabulous textile artwork.
An art quilter who breaks all the rules, Lisa has over 25 years experience, and has written several books and ebooks. Lisa teaches a variety of dyeing, embellishing, art quilting and surface design techniques. She has been president of Studio Art Quilts Associates, and travelled extensively leading Textile & food tours. Lisa is passionate about teaching and sharing her knowledge. www.lisawaltonartist.com
|Date||Sat 20th Feb 2021 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 21st Feb 2021 4:30 pm|
|Register from||Fri 4th Sep 2020|
|Cut off date||Sun 31st Jan 2021|
|Price||ATASDA Members $180 Non-members $230 Materials Fee $20|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops