Karen Robertson - Bespoke Lampshade
Have a lampshade that you love that looks tired and needs updating? Been unable to find a replacement shade?
Come along to this fabulous one day workshop and learn how to upcycle and give your lamp a new lease of life.
If you have special piece of fabric, maybe one you have printed yourself, bring it along to transform it into an attractive lampshade.
Gain the skills to make your own bespoke lampshade, including fabric placement & planning, measuring & cutting, and lampshade construction. Additional techniques such as piping, will also be demonstrated to give other homewares, such as cushions, a professional finish. At the conclusion of the workshop you will have made a 35cm diameter drum shade using your own unique fabric to create a bespoke lampshade.
Bring along a 120cm by 40cm piece of light to medium weight woven fabric, preferably cotton, linen or cotton/linen blend to use. Knitted materials, heavy weight velvets & satins are not suitable.
Materials fee includes lampshade drum frame, lampshade paper & tape.
Karen has always had a love of fabric, inspired by her mother, who loved to sew and make clothes. Karen's earliest memory is one of making sheets out of her mother's fabric scraps for her dolls. This lead to study to be a Textiles and Design teacher, gaining a Bachelor of Education degree. Karen has taught in schools for over forty years, teaching Textiles to a range of students.
Karen has always had a passion for Interior Design, having always designed and made soft furnishings. Karen is currently making bespoke shades for a company that upcycles lamps.
|Date||Wed 17th Nov 2021 9:30 am|
|End Date||Wed 17th Nov 2021 4:30 pm|
|Register from||Sat 6th Mar 2021|
|Cut off date||Wed 27th Oct 2021|
|Price||ATASDA Members $90 Non-members $115 Materials Fee $35|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops