Aukje Boonstra - Cutting With Courage: Upcycling secondhand clothes
Learn how to turn discarded and second-hand clothing into stunning wearable art pieces. Combined with other pieces of clothing, knits, collected fabrics and embellishments, bring these together into a unique garment. Give yourself confidence to play, cut and create. Repurposing discarded clothes is fun and great for the environment.
Take a garment out of your wardrobe, which may be out of date, or from the op shop. Something about the garment appeals to you, the colour, the texture or the feel of it. But you would not wear it as is. It needs something…
If you are a current member, you will need to login to book at member prices.
All participants must be double vaccinated, and have no symptoms of COVID, to attend ATASDA events.
|Date||Sat 25th Mar 2023 9:30 am|
|End Date||Sun 26th Mar 2023 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA Members $200 Non-members $250 Materials Fee Nil|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre|
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops