Anne Kelly - Moving Memories
Join internationally reknown textile artist Anne Kelly on a special "Members Only" workshop.
Travel, memory and collections remind us of places we have been or would like to visit. In Moving Memories Anne will guide each of us on a personal journey to create a meaningful repository for a special place, actual or imagined.
Anne will be using printing, fabric collage, fabric and paper lamination, hand and/or machine stitching, working from techniques explored in her book ‘Textile Travels’.
Look through your collections, selecting old and new pieces of fabric, ephemera and decorative paper to use for your piece.
As this a special Members Only workshop you will be asked to pay the full $100.
Anne is an award winning Canadian born, UK based artist, author and tutor. Her multilayered and densely stitched textiles have been likened to ‘small worlds’. Trained in Canada and at Goldsmiths College in London, she creates wall hangings and objects using a mixture of mixed media collage and hand and machine embroidery. Her teaching and gallery work take her around the UK and abroad.
If you are a current member, you will need to login to book at member prices. All participants must be double vaccinated, and have no symptoms of COVID, to attend ATASDA events.
|Date||Wed 5th Apr 2023 9:30 am|
|End Date||Wed 5th Apr 2023 4:30 pm|
|Price||ATASDA Members $100 Materials Fee $0|
|Location||Epping Creative Centre - Pringle Room|
On the day
- Pay a deposit to secure your place in a workshop as they fill quickly
- The deposit of $31 for a one day workshop and $62 for a two day workshop is non-refundable
- Remainder of payment is due 4 weeks before the workshop
- Non-members pay a higher price for workshops so join now to get the members’ rate
- Non-members are not included in ballots if the demand is greater than available places
- For Textile Tasters, full payment is required when you register.
Material fee to be paid directly to the tutor at the workshop.
On the day
- Bring your own lunch and mug, morning and afternoon tea is provided
- Please arrive early so you are unpacked and ready to start at 9.30am
- Tutors finish teaching at 4pm, so everyone can help with the cleanup. Participants leave at 4.30pm each day.
We may take photographs during the workshop for use in ATASDA promotional material. If you do not want to be photographed please advise the workshop helper at sign-in.
Before taking photographs for your own records, check with the workshop helper first, as some tutors do not allow photography.
It is your responsibility to provide any personal protective and/or safety equipment required for the workshop, e.g. safety glasses, facemask, gloves. See workshop requirements list for additional items.
Please email NSW Workshops before you book if you have special needs e.g. wheelchair access.
- If a workshop is cancelled by ATASDA your workshop fee will be refunded
- Can't attend? You may be able to gift your enrolment, please contact NSW Workshops
- If you cancel up to 4 weeks prior to the workshop your payments, minus the deposit, will be refunded
- If you have to cancel within four weeks of the workshop due to extenuating circumstances, a partial refund may be given, please contact NSW Workshops